Saturday 17 March 2012

How do I love my son, let me count the ways.

Each and everyday I'm amazed
how my love for my son grows
with each new milestone,
it seems my heart constantly overflows.
Those enchanting blue eyes
that turn grey when there's a storm
his passionate soul shines through
and my heart can't help but feel warm.
I can't believe I've been blessed
with an angel so beautiful and sweet
I never knew it could be so magical
to be a mother is such a treat.
My darling boy Danté
he is my greatest treasure
just to smell his sweet smell
brings me such immense pleasure.
When he falls asleep in my arms
and sighs little Danté sighs
Oh, it warms my heart so
it brings happy tears to my eyes.
Sometimes it seems
that my heart can't contain
all this love just for him
like a sugary, golden chain.
My sweet boy, my sweet love
I hope you will always know
that your Mommy loves you so much
more than any words could ever show
I wish for you love and joy
and that you know yourself well
that with everything you try
may you always excel.
May you always know grace
giving as much love as you receive
and when things may seem bleak
remember my son, in you, I believe.
*When my beautiful Danté was born by emergency caesarian after almost 24hours of labor, I only got to see him the next day. When the nurse finally handed him to me, I though "Wow, this baby is so beautiful, they must have made a mistake. This must be someone else's baby." But sure enough, that beautiful, perfect little boy was actually my son. When I realized that, the song "First time ever I saw your face" by Celine Dion played in my head, so now, when ever I hear that song, all I see is my beautiful boys face.

No comments:

Post a Comment